Thursday 18 March 2010

Basking in the Glow of Spring

I'm aware of the time thank you very much, because I can see what is going through your head right now as you start to read this. I know its only 20 minutes past 2 in the afternoon and normally, I would still be napping and dreaming some of the day light hours away on a Thursday afternoon, so that I can become refreshed for all the action tomorrow. I'm wake though and this has something to do with my next door neighbour, who decided that he would began to sort out his garden after the hard winter.

I can already feel Spring bursting into the air and of course he seems to be a passionate gardener.....but still, it would have been nice if he could have waited till after 4 to start his work. Now all I can hear is the sound of a lawnmower and the hedge trimmers, breaking the silence that I was wrapped in before. I've no chance of getting any more sleep now, the air has been to much disturbed with this noise and the smell of grass.

It's a cloudy day today, chance of showers they said on the news, not that this has stopped him from chopping back bushes like he was exploring a jungle.....

That does remind me of the time vampire boyfriend number 3-James Bicker, took me on a trip to the jungle. Everyone was doing it back then, exploring the world and stealing treasure. We visited the Amazon jungle and traveled around on a small wooden boat, that sink twice. I liked James, he told wild, scary stories and knew a lot about the history of different places.

We meet.......maybe three months before that trip at a party hosted by an American vampire. We got on really great and within minutes of being introduced we had drifted off into a corner. A few nights after we meet again at another party, which was being hosted by a human, but since this human was a neighbour of ours it was important to go......

(Hanging out with humans is a really must do thing. though it can be so difficult to keep the human image up and rein the vampire in. It pays off in the end because you can learn a lot from their social gatherings and sometimes there is the need to seek human companionship to remind yourself of what you once were......)

So, when James suddenly came over to me from the other side of the room, we both decided that something was drawing us together and it was at that point that he began courting me. I didn't but up much of a chase, because I already felt so attracted to him and he did go all out to impress me......

We spent many years together, visiting different places and hunting for the best blood, but then during a trip to India, James was attacked by a vampire tiger (don't even get me started on vampire animals!) he was badly wounded and though he spent many months recovering, one night he just let everything go and slipped quietly away.

I was in mourning for years over his death. I have to say that James was one of my greatest loves and I won't ever forget him.....as for the gardening neighbour well......does anyone fancy a little snack before dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment